Friday, July 20, 2012

Mermaid Tears Crochet Purse

I have been working on a pattern I found on raverly.com that came from the Bernat site. It is called the mermaid tears purse. I have seen a lot of pins on Pinterest with the scale-like crochet pattern. It is so simple, just a bunch of double crochet!!!

I started using yarn from Michael's (sugar and cream by Lily) but 2 skeins didn't get me far, I had to buy 3 more from Walmart. I had no idea that they carried a totally different brand called peaches and cream!!! Sugar and cream is $1.99 a skein at Michael's and peaches and cream is $1.77 at Walmart. The sugar and cream is so much softer and silkier and I think they have better more "useable" colors. I was surprised that the aqua blues are almost identical. But the sugar and cream yarn is so much more
superior in texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment