Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hunter-Gatherer Brewery & Alehouse in Columbia, SC

Lamb Gyro, Hunter-gatherer brewery and alehouse, columbia, SC
Lamb Gyro
This past weekend I went to see Moonrise Kingdom in Columbia, SC at the Nickelodeon. After the movies my mom, her two friends and I ran across the street to Hunter-Gatherer . The atmosphere was woodsy and cozy with the scent of barley in the background. Seating arrangements were so pretty, every table was unique. Between the four of us we ordered the hummus platter, lamb gyro, HG burger, and HG BLT, and tuna steak. The hummus platter was delicious and we ate it as an appetizer. It came with warm, soft pita, large, thin carrot slices, and celery sticks. The hummus was pretty generic but tasted very fresh. I ordered the lamb gyro. On the menu there is a choice of lamb, chicken, or portobello. The pita was similar to the type served with the hummus plate. I loved the gyro and I've been craving another ever since!! All of the veggies were cut just to the right size, the lamb was yummy, and the tzatziki was fresh. It came with a greek salad with plenty of goat cheese, and wonderful crisp lettuce. My mom ordered the HG Burger with pimento cheese. She said it tasted like it was grilled outside on a charcoal grill. Another friend ordered the BLT. She said it was a big disappointment, the lettuce was soft and wilted like they had thrown the entire sandwich on the grill. The tuna steak was one of the night's specials. I sampled some of it and it was amazing!! Perfectly cooked and seasoned on a bed of garlic green beans. I totally am in love with Hunter-Gatherer and I want to go on a date night there with the boyfriend ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment