Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mermaid Tears Purse is Complete

My Mermaid Tears Purse is finally finished! You can get the pattern for free here at the Bernat yarn website. It is rated as intermediate but I thought it was really easy. I did modify the strap making it a cross body bag. To do this I just chained 13, slip stitch to first chain, and single crochet in the round, creating a tube. I would suggest making the strap 1/2 a foot shorter than you think it needs to be because once you put stuff in the bag it pulls it down. These photos are with the bag empty. As I mentioned in a earlier post I used sugar & cream yarn from Michael's and peaches & cream yarn from Wal-mart. If you have any questions let me know!! I really loved making this bag and I've been using it for a few days and its great.

No comments:

Post a Comment