Thursday, July 19, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream offers 8 benefits in one product: 1. Blurs imperfections 2. Enhances 3. Brightens 4. Adjusts to skin tone 5. Smoothes 6. Hydrates 7. SPF 30 protects 8. 0% oils and other heavy ingredients. Most of the benefits seem legitimate but I am bothered by the ones that don't really mean anything, especially "enhances," and "smoothes." Claims such as these don't really mean anything to me, any make up is supposed to enhance.

I would give this BB cream 4 out of 5 stars. When smoothed into the skin it leaves a slight feeling of make-up. It can be used with or without a moisturizer underneath. I usually use a moisturizer with the BB cream because my skin has some extra dry patches. The BB cream really does help to hold in an extra layer of moisture to keep the skin hydrated. I would say the beauty balm gives light coverage. It helps brighten the under eye area And can reduce some redness but a concealer is needed for some spots. I have found that a heavier foundation can be used for problem areas along with the BB cream for uniform coverage. I have tried to use the BB cream as an all day face sunscreen but it didn't work very well. I put on makeup and 3 hours later went out on a boat ride for 5 hours. The beauty balm gave me some protection but I still got burnt on my nose and cheeks. I would definitely suggest reapplying this BB cream often while out in the sun or using a better sunscreen with higher SPF. The sunscreen in this product should only be used for brief amounts of time in the sun.

Maybelline's BB cream runs around $7-$8 an I have seen it at Wal-Mart and Walgreens. It comes in a bottle with 1 fl oz of product.

No comments:

Post a Comment